Baby #3 is on it’s way in just 10-11 short weeks! The months have flown by and I realized this week that while I help my customers prepare for baby’s arrival creating diaper bags and accessories, I am seriously lacking in the “being prepared” department. My youngest just turned 5 years old so you could say we are starting over with #3. We have a few items left over from my boys infancy days, but really when it comes down to it, we have nothing prepared for the next ones arrival.
I’ve perused the recommended gear lists in magazines and have taken note of the new gear on the shelves at the stores and we have a lot of preparing ahead. Maybe you’re also preparing for baby’s arrival-congratulations! So here’s a short list I’ve compiled of things to have in your diaper bag.
1. Diapers – um, that may seem obvious but I remember a few too many times reaching into the bag to find I had NO diapers left!
2. Wipes-lots of wipes for newborns (and then maybe another box of wipes in the car too)
3. Butt cream- because a rash will start when you least expect it, seemingly in minutes
4. Burp clothes – 2-3 as you will find they get soiled quickly
5. Plastic bag or wet bag to put soiled burp clothes (and after diaper blow-out clothing)
6. Change of clothes-onsie, pants, socks, booties (maybe another set for backup also in the car)
7. Nursing cover or blanket
8. Changing pad- keep your precious perfection off the dirty floors or public changing tables-yuck
10. Pacifier or two in a Paci Pouch-the ones I make clip to the bag for convenience
11. Anti-bacterial wipes/gel
12. Camera- to record all those adorable little smiles and special moments with grandma/pa
13. Chocolate-not for baby, for you, when you need treat or two for yourself
14. A clean shirt for you!
Oh yes, there is more, so much more that will be packed into that diaper bag, but these are the first few that come to mind. 🙂
What is a “must have” that you carry in your diaper bag?