The boys had fun creating these “tacos”. At first they were not so sure they wanted a taco unless it was in a crunchy tortilla but they found these “tubs” to be so cool and I thought they were so easy!
I made these from a scratch buttermilk biscuit recipe. So little man and I measured, poured and mixed our dough, BUT you can use also use store bought biscuit dough (like Philsbury) for super fast meal prep.
Home made or store bought biscuit dough
1 lb ground beef
1/4-1/2 cup tomato sauce
Toppings: cheese, olives, sour cream, salsa
1. If using home made dough, roll out and cut out biscuits. Using home made dough or store bought, pat down your biscuit to flatten it a bit.
2. Lay biscuit over the BOTTOM side of a muffin pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes until biscuits are cooked
4. While your “tubs” are baking, cook ground beef in a pan. Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Cook down water then add tomato sauce. Heat through.
5. Take “tubs” out of oven and carefully remove them from the pan. You may need to cut between “tubs” if they’ve expanded and cooked together.
5. Fill “tubs” with taco meat and top with your favorite taco toppings!
We had a few “tubs” leftover so the next morning for breakfast, I filled them with scrambled eggs and cheese for the boys. I think I would have have added some bacon bits, salsa and a bit of sour cream….fill with your favorite toppings and enjoy!