Last weekend we made caramels…ooey, gooey delicious caramels! Maybe it’s the allure of caramel apples and the Halloween season but I was seriously in need of caramel. While the caramels set up I moved on to these caramel sticky buns.
What I love about these is the dough is so easy and doesn’t take much time at all. The sauce is also simple and the final result is not overwhelmingly sweet but rather rich and well, delicious. I finished the weekend with a little less roominess in my jeans as I am sure I have some caramel hanging out waiting for me to burn it off at the gym!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 -3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup warm water (130)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
1. Sprinkle brown sugar in greased 9×13-inch pan. Pour over whipping cream, set aside
2. In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Add water, egg, and melted butter; beat at low speed until moistened.
3. By hand, stir in 1 1/2- 2 cups flour. Knead 3 minutes; let rest 10 minutes
4. Roll dough to a 7×15-inch rectangle. Spread with butter; sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up tightly and seal edges. Cut into 1-inch rolls.
5. Place in prepared pan. Cover and let rise until doubled.
6. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
7. Let sit for 5 mintues then invert onto serving plate (I used a large cookie sheet)
Originally found at http://baking.food.com/recipe/nanas-caramel-cinnamon-rolls-241325