With my oldest son off to kindergarten I have more hours alone with my little man who is 3. I admit it would be easy to get lots more work done with only one in tow, I am trying to be more present with him and enjoy our solo time together…like the early days with my first son.
Today we created play dough! Here’s an easy and fun recipe I found at http://www.playdoughrecipe.com/
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Food coloring
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a pan.
- Mix the water with the food coloring.
- Add the water/color-mix to the other ingredients, stir well. (it will be really runny…that’s where the next step comes in)
- Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, while constantly stirring.
- When the mixture becomes “doughy”, remove from heat and start kneading. (the dough will be hot, so mind your hands)
- When desired texture is achieved, the play dough is finished, enjoy!
When all done we put the playdough in a ziplock bag, pressed out all the air and stored it for later use…maybe when big bro comes home?