If you live in Montana then it is most likely because you LOVE it! The outdoor adventure, skiing, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, etc. Our summers are too short but that makes us appreciate every sun-filled moment and savor every warm breeze. Montana is the romantic subject of movies, music and books and it’s every bit of amazing as you can imagine.
Honestly, it took me a little while to come to appreciate where I call home. And on frigid winter mornings I sometimes have to look with purpose for the beauty, but it’s there, always. So to honor the rugged land I love to call home, here you go! You live here? Brag about it….you’ve earned it!
Time: 20 minutes
Wonder Under double-sided lightweight interfacing
Felt -for the heart
1. I googled maps of Montana online and used one as a template (yes I pressed the paper on my screen and traced it from the monitor). Show your home pride and make your own state shirt!
2. Select your scrap fabric big enough to fit the state template. Cut a piece of Wonder Under a little bigger than the template. Iron to the WRONG side of fabric
3. Trace template on the paper side of the Wonder Under (make sure that the image will be facing the right way once cut)
4. Cut out image, iron to shirt. Using a small zigzag stitch, stitch around edge of the state.
5. Using a small piece of felt, cut a heart (tip: fold felt in half and cut a 1/2 heart so that it is even on both sides-think Valentine cards in Kindergarten)
6. Place the heart in the area that you live. stitch it to the applique and shirt stitching by hand or using short straight stitch on your machine.
Bamm! You’re done! Flaunt it! You love your state, now show it!