This silhouette is so incredibly easy. The hardest part for me was choosing which fabric to use!
Level: Beyond Easy
Time: 1/2 hour
Fabric approx. 7″ x 8″ for silhouette
Fabric minimum of 10″ x 13″
Cardboard cut to the size of the frame
8×10 frame (with mat which you won’t use)
1. Take a side profile photo of your child. Upload to your computer. You can do this in your word doc or I used Photoshop and converted the photo to a sketch then printed it on an 8×11 sheet of paper. Before printing I expanded it to the size I wanted.
2. Cut out the silhouette on the paper and place on the wrong side of silhouette fabric. Trace with a fabric marker or pencil.
3. Cut a piece of Wonder Under that is a little larger than the silhouette. Iron onto wrong side of silhouette fabric. Cut out silhouette fabric.
4. Cut cardboard to the size of the 8×10 frame glass. I used the glass as a cutting guide.
5. Center the cardboard on the right side of background fabric. Mark the corners using a fabric marker or pencil.
6. Remove the paper backing from the Wonder Under. Center the silhouette between the corner marks made. Iron in place
7. Center the cardboard on the wrong side of the background fabric. Make sure the silhouette is placed centered or where you want it on the cardboard. Hot glue the extra fabric to the backside of the cardboard pulling fabric taught while gluing.
8. Put your silhouette in the frame, hang and enjoy! 🙂
2012 Copyright Maranda Lee Design Ltd